MISSING COUNTRIES (GREY)

Saturday 8 September 2012

Postcrossing~

My re-encounter with postcards came when the native teacher I'm assisting decided to give the students a project of sending postcards to his parents in Scotland, since almost all students never go to the post office in their life and he wanted them to experience it even if just once. I happened to come across an exchanging-postcards site called Postcrossing when I was googling for a place to buy postcards for the project.

I remembered when I was in high school, I used to visit the main Post Office in Jakarta, since my school is located just beside it. The Postcrossing project really brings back memories. In the past, I used to have pen pals, but I sent letters, not postcards. I usually sent postcards only for quizzes. This is why I decided to join the project, since I love to get acquainted with people all over the world as well.

I created this blog for the sake of memories. I will upload all my received postcards here, as a safe-keeping in case they're lost (hopefully not!).

I look forward to getting more postcards! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment