MISSING COUNTRIES (GREY)

Saturday 5 January 2013

Swap with Anita from Macedonia!

Only 2 cards came for the whole week! Whew! I wonder what happened with the postal service nowadays.. Maybe because it's raining almost everyday? Anyway, the two postcards came from Anita in Macedonia, through a UNESCO Swap in Postcrossing forum. These cards indeed took a long time to reach here. More than a month!

Ohrid - Front View
Ohrid - Back View
St. Jovan Church, Ohrid - Front View
St. Jovan Church, Ohrid - Back View

Speaking of Macedonia, have you ever heard about the country before? To tell the truth, I only knew that after I joined Postcrossing. So I'm actually very happy when Anita messaged me in Postcrossing Forum, offering a swap from Macedonia. So finally I got cards from one of the 'rare' countries, Macedonia!

The cards shows Ohrid Region, the only UNESCO Site from Macedonia. They show the aerial city view and one of the churches there, the St. Jovan Bogoslov Church. I noticed that Macedonian stamps are indeed very very simple with no pictures, only the value and the country name...

Anyway, thank you very much Anita and Happy New Year all!

1 comment:

  1. Hello ,
    I can help you with Comoros and Mayotte postcard
    Feel free to contact me rouwaida.abdou@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete